4-H Mission & Vision
Oklahoma 4-H Mission
The mission of the 4-H Youth Development Program is to provide Oklahoma youth, families, and communities with educational programs which will create environments for diverse audiences of youth and adults to reach their fullest potential. In support of this mission we will:
- Provide community based experiential learning through clubs, school enrichment, special interest programs, and mass media.
- Help youth develop skills that will benefit them throughout life.
- Foster leadership and volunteerism for youth and adults.
- Build internal and external partnerships for programming and resource development.
- Strengthen families and communities.
- Use research-based knowledge and the land grant university system and other sources.
Oklahoma 4-H Vision
Oklahoma is a national leader in developing youths' abilities to become productive citizens and catalysts for positive change to meet the needs of a diverse and changing society. Through 4-H youth development education, youth will:
- Feel valued and empowered as a resource in the community.
- Practice effective problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Be environmental stewards. Demonstrate positive character and ethical behavior.
- Appreciate human differences. Have a strong sense of community and social responsibility.
- Contribute to positive relationships with families, peers, and community.
- Demonstrate communication and leadership skills.
- Value lifelong learning.
- Feel the personal pride that comes from achievement.